Yoshihiro Blue Steel Gyuto Chefs Knife with Stainless Steel Cladding 9.5 IN Rosewood Handle with Lacquered Nuri Saya Cover
Mega Sale! Save 24% on the Yoshihiro Blue Steel Gyuto Chefs Knife with Stainless Steel Cladding 9.5 IN Rosewood Handle with Lacquered Nuri Saya Cover by Yoshihiro at Fushimi US. MPN: AOWAGY240SH. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Yoshihiro Blue Steel Gyuto Chefs knife with Stainless steel Cladding is designed for multipurpose use and is great for home or professional use.
The Yoshihiro Blue Steel Gyuto Chefs knife with Stainless steel Cladding is designed for multipurpose use and is great for home or professional use. Handcrafted with consideration for all tasks, this knife has a good balance of length, curve, and height. It's great for slicing, chopping, and dicing and for use with meat, fish, and vegetables. The blue steel #2 high carbon steel core, with an HRC of 63-64, provides an extremely sharp edge that is able to maintain its sharpness over extended period of time.
The stainless steel cladding allows much of the blade to be more forgiving to exposure of water while still having the superior edge retention and sharpness intact. With its handmade Japanese style rosewood handle with double bolster equipped with a protective wooden sheath called a "Saya," which protects the knife and adds to its appearance when not in use. This specific Saya included with the knife is brush coated with non-toxic lacquer coating made from organic tree saps in Japan. The Lacquered Saya encases each knife and adds to its appearance when not in use.
Care & Sharpening: Traditional Japanese knife making values a sharp edge, which requires attention and care. Sharpening and honing should be done with only water whetstones. Hand wash and dry only, and do so immediately if working with acidic ingredients. Do not use on objects such as bones, nutshells, and frozen foods.*
Features & Highlights
- The gyuto features a curved blade that smoothly rocks back and forth with an extended tip for quick chopping.
- The outstanding hardness of Blue Steel (HRC 63-64) makes possible for an extremely thin and sharp cutting edge that can effortlessly cut through foods.
- The sharpness lasts longer and is more consistent over a period of time compared to stainless steel knives.
- The stainless steel cladding significantly increases the blade's durability to withstand staining
- The traditional Japanese rosewood handle allows the knife to be light and well balanced